Recent research mapping social enterprises in Victoria found that demonstrating social impact is a core need amongst social enterprises, but organisational capacity and cost are the biggest barriers to evaluation.
The Social Enterprise Impact Lab aims to produce some useful Australian resources for social enterprises over the coming year. In the meantime, we are sharing some of the free online evaluation resources that are currently available to support social enterprises and community organisations in assessing evaluation readiness, and building evaluation capacity.
- The Measuring Up tool from Inspiring impact (2019, UK)
- The Prove and Improve Toolkit from New Economics Foundation Consulting (2005. UK)
- Support Guides from Evaluation Support Scotland (2012-2019, Scotland)
- The Demonstrating Value Workbook from Demonstrating Value (2018, Canada)
- Evaluating Impact resources from Tamarack Institute (2019, Canada)
We hope you find these tools and resources helpful wherever you are in your impact evaluation journey!